Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Autumn Pies Recipe Card

So I am part of the Cricut Circle and every week we have a design challenge and I finally decided to do one. This week was to use 4 basic colors of tan, burgundy, orange and grey and texture in your project. I decided to do a recipe card design.

I also decided to challenge myself and use up some scraps I had instead of all new paper. I only used 1 sheet of new burgundy paper for the main part. I embossed the leaves and tanned bottom border, put grey paper through a crimper for my pie plates and used glitter paper for the titles. I used Wild cards cart for the leaves and Autumn Title and the George cart for the Pie title. I added some hole punch leftovers to my red pie for added texture and put a little glaze on it to give it a gooey look. I inked the edges of the leaves (the orange leaves are debossed while the burgundy leaves are embossed) and drew in steam lines with a white souffle pen. Lastly I added a red glossy sticker dot  to add 1 more bit of texture and rounded the corners.

1 comment:

  1. Love the texture on those pies! They look good enough to eat! :D

    ReplyDelete