Saturday, July 23, 2011

Christmas in July challenge #3 3D scene

For our next challenge we were to make something outside our comfort zone. I went ahead and made a 3D scene. I'm going to put either a photo, stamped image or quote inside the door. Oh yeah the door opens! I was thinking that because of it's circular shape it would look good with a battery operated tealight behind the door.
Recipe:
Christmas cart, door dark brown paper,
christmas cart, door blackout kraft paper, covered in green, top cut off
christmas door, door shift kraft paper, inked with distress ink walnut
all door pieces at 5.65"
christmas wreath green cardstock, 1.52", inked with walnut, added red ribbon, red & clear bling
snowflake paper die cuts with a view cut out with MS circle cutter, cut in half
base is styrofoam circle, I painted and distressed it, added glitter, flock, flakes (doesn't really show up in the pic)
I also added a backing to the door to make it stand up, I basically just cut a strip of paper and made a stand

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I really love this idea. I would put a photo in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There's alot of possibllities here like birthday themed and adding a title around the base or ribbon. I totally have 3 more of those styrofoam circles left so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete