Wednesday, July 13, 2011

California Cricut Circle Pennant Contest

So the Cricut Circle is having a Pennant contest for everyone to celebrate their CHA event. They will string up all of the entries together and yes I sent mine today Priority mail. I'm nervous it will get jacked up in the mailing process though and sad that I didn't take more pictures than these. It's alot cuter in person as there is sparkle everywhere. I was in a hurry to mail it off though and  the light was not working out. Oh well.

I really worked alot on this thing. I of course used my cricut bug (carts used gypsy wanderings, smiley cards, pop neighborhood, gypsy font, George, Old West) The Birthday bash cart was used as the base for the pennant which a girl named Heidi was so kind to cut for me!
I used alot of stickles, glimmermist on the background, along with rock candy crackle finish on the water. I cut a border from gypsy wanderings in half and flocked it with white as the waves. I have a limited amount of carts so I had to improvise on my design like the sailboat is part of a border that I cut out and embossed. I chalked the cheeks on my sun and hand drew the windows on the skyscrapers, then added glossy accents on them. I also added glossy accents on my crab after hand drawing his face.
I used a plank from the Old West cart but then cut them in half an added lines with my white pen (an idea inspired by Monique Griffith's adorable Stampede page kit).
I glimmer glazed the car with chandelier and used a transparent sheet for the window. I embossed the trees with my cuttlebug and used rock candy stickles on the mountain tops. Lastly I used a product called mud puddles on my beach part for my sand. It is a fabulous if messy, 3D product that similulates various tones of sand.

I was inspired by my state of California since it has everything you could think of from snowy mountains to sunny beaches. Where I live though it's lots of country land so I wanted to express that with alot of green (paper from Die cuts with a View)

Thanks for reading this long post!

No comments:

Post a Comment