Monday, November 8, 2010

Scrapbook Expo Sacramento: Make n Takes

So I happily went to the Sacramento Scrapbook Expo this past weekend. It was alot of fun! I took 3 classes, shopped too much, and made 5 make n takes. I will be sharing my experiences with you all so you can know what to expect for a convention if you've never been to one.

For those who don't know make n takes are small projects that some vendors have at their booths for people to create and take home. Some vendors have FREE projects while others charged $2-$5. I was excited to make some this time since my last Expo I didn't make any and I was expecting some Christmas themed projects!

These projects were from Scrapbook Grammie. They're 2 Christmas ornaments and I waited in line a looong time to make them. I was mostly excited to make the pink one. The techniques used stamping, glittering the crown, hot gluing a crimped piece of crepe to the back, and using an adorable rose ribbon around an even cuter extra large bottlecap. The other ornament used alot of stamping, using fun embellishments, adhereing clear decorated tape along the edges and using smooch ink for some shimmer.
These adorable tags were from Heartstring Designs. Basically we stamped and glued the pieces together. The fun part was adhering a clear bag filled with glitter "snow" to the back of the green tag to create a shaker tag. These tags are super sturdy, I think mine will go on gifts this year.

This beautiful rose was from Epiphany Crafts. Each petal was a seperate punched out piece which we glued together and then in the end glittered. Although I love the end result it took sooo long for a make n take.

This was probably my favorite project from Stampin Up demonstrator Tami Waddel. It was quick, easy but not too easy and came out lovely. This tag featured a pre cut tag which we stamped on. We then stamped and punched out the tag (I'm totally buying this). We then glued down the pieces along with a puched out scallop circle, pre punched fabric heart and crinkled gold paper.

I also completed a 5th project. It was a 12x12 page layout but to be honest I was very dissapointed with it. It was basically me glueing down pre cut mats and 2 embellishements. That's it. When I sat down the paper and embellishments were even placed onto the paper in the area I had to glue so this took all of 3 minutes to complete and worse yet i paid for it. I'm not naming names but next time I suggest they at least let us cut the paper ourselves or have this as a free or cheaper project. (It was $5)

Okay until next time where I'll share my favorite booth!

No comments:

Post a Comment